The Essex Safeguarding Children Board’s document, Effective Support for Children and Families in Essex, was first published in April 2013. This is the third revision, updated to reflect current practice and experience in Essex, as well as changes in legislation and national policy. The document now includes reference to Child Sexual Exploitation and missing children, as well as FGM (female genital mutilation) and the Prevent strategy. This guidance is for everyone who works with children and young people and their families in Essex.
The Effective Support for Children and Families in Essex document
- Sets out operational models for identifying and assessing need, and supporting children and families; and
- Clarifies roles and responsibilities.
The content includes:
- Access to services at different levels of need
- What happens to a Children’s Social Care request
- Consulting with other services, schools and settings
- Effective Support Process diagram
- Indicators of possible need
- Appendices, including a model Early Help Plan